There are so many ways of making your EVO look appealing especially when it comes to the front bumper which is what everyone sees first. It is for this reason that you will see people purchasing front bumpers to make their cars more appealing and just in case you have bought a new one, you need to know how to install it; you will get all the relevant installation information right here. Some of the tools you will need include the 10 mm and 12 mm wrench.
- The installation process should begin with the car being raised using jack stands and then followed by the removal of the splashguard.
- The next step is to look at the fender wells where you should remove the two fasteners that look like poppets. Note: having the front wheels turned may provide you with more room to undo the middle screw if you’re working with a jack, lift, or from the ground. Otherwise, it can be undone with the wheels pointing straight.
- Proceed to undoing the 10mm bolt at the interception of the fender and the front cover mate. Perform the same for both sides.
- In the front cover, Open the 10mm bolts on the corners of the middle opening.
- You will then be required to take the front license plate, off however only where they can be removed since not all of them are removable. You can then access the 10 mm bolt through the hole that’s outlined in the license plate holder on the driver’s side.
- Pull the side of the front cover downwards. Repeat for both sides of the front cover.
- Undo the fasteners on the brace between the radiator support and the front cover.
- The supply hose should then be disconnected by detaching either of the sides of the blue connector.
- Undo the 10 mm bolts to create space for one to be able to work on the middle first. Note: If you have an extra pair of hands this will be helpful. If not, then have your knee pressed against the cover when the last bolt and fastener are removed.
- Proceed to undoing the 4 bolts of 12 mm.
Take the new bumper and follow the above steps where you do the exact opposite of what you were doing.